I’d heard of this product Bio Oil a few times, yet always dismissed it as “not for me”. I thought it was just for pregnant women who wanted to keep stretch marks at bay or who are breastfeeding. As many of you, I don’t have either greasy or dry skin, but a lovely mix of both. Although I am a sucker for trying out new things, I was seriously sceptic about using an oil on my face. I bought it to soften a new scar on my foot, but I can honestly say, no fingers crossed behind my back, that I am having a full blown love affair with Bio Oil.
I bought it at my local pharmacy but you can get it in lot’s of supermarkets too. To keep my guilt trip in balance I went for the 60 ml bottle, the smallest amount you can purchase, just in case my first thought was right and it ended up not being my cup of tea. Urban dictionary moment: “Not my cup of tea”: (Idiom) This will appeal to a formidable audience, but not me.
The pharmacy had a leaflet on display about Bio Oil so I grabbed it on my way out. Now ladies and gentlemen, this magic potion isn’t just to rub on to your skin and “Voila!”. No no, this little beauty has a lot more in stall for you.
You can use it for the following:
- Steam your face to open up your pores (I use eucalyptus oil for this)
- Mix an equal amount of Bio Oil with honey and fine sugar
- Heat this mixture to body temperature
- Softly scrub your face, you can out your frustrations of the day on your elbows and foot soles, where you can rub slightly more vigorously
- Rinse with warm water and finish of by applying Bio Oil
Make up remover:
- Heat two drops between your fingers and apply to your face
- Use cotton pads to remove your make up
- Mix Bio Oil with water and put the mixture in a little spray bottle, use this to hydrate and feed your skin when all make up is removed
YES! I had no idea, but it can also be used for your hair care ritual!
- For dry and damaged hair: dry your hair as usual and finish off by vaporizing Bio Oil on the hair (also works anti-static, which is key for me, one drop of rain or a slight layer of dew in the morning and I might as well not have my hair down)
- For your hair ends: heat up some Bio Oil between your fingers and apply to your ends
- For extra damaged hair: Apply Bio Oil directly to your hair, leave to soak for about 1 to 2 hours, apply baby shampoo without water, then rinse everything out. (I have yet to try this)
- Anti-dandruff: mix Bio Oil with some sugar, massage into your scalp so it removes dead skin cells and nourishes your scalp, rinse with water.
With ingredients such as PurCellin Oil, vitamin A and E, lavender oil, rosemary oil, camomile oil and marigold oil, you can’t really go wrong. It’s not greasy and perfect for sensitive skin. I use it on a daily basis now, not only on my scar, but on my chest, and face. I only use it on my forehead and around my eyes.
If you are on a mega diet and want to make sure your skin doesn’t get damaged by your weight loss or if you want to maintain its elasticity, I would also recommend you use Bio Oil. If rubbing your body every evening with oil sounds a little too much to handle you can also add a few drops to your bath!
Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday,